Saturday, June 22, 2013

Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint

It's late.  It's almost midnight and I have to write this post before I can go to bed.

I should have taken some pics for this but to tell the truth there really wouldn't have been much to see.  I had a headache and couldn't sleep.  Like everything else in life I read a million home remedies for headache and now that I have one do you  think  I can remember what they were. Heck no. 

So I headed to a few of my favorite blog sites to find something to help, and well one thing led to another and this is what happened.

I went to One good thing by Jillee and found this post on using Lavender lemon and Peppermint essential oils to help allergies.  I really suggest you go read it because I'm tired and may have misunderstood something.  I have a ton of allergies and to tell the truth I think that is what causes a lot of my headaches at this time of the year.  Jillee's post linked to one by her sister that has awesome information about using these essentiaal oils and I knew I was going to try it..

I went to my stash drawer where I keep my oils and got the three I needed.
Measured out 1/4 tsp of each and  put them into a little shot glass. 
Added 1/2 tsp of olive oil. It's what I had on hand and I use it for almost everything I make.
Added about 1/4 teaspoon of grated beeswax to this , I didn't really measure,   just took a pinch that looked like it was about 1/4 teaspoon and dumped it in. I mixed it all together with a chopstick and put it in the microwave.  I gave it little bursts of 10 seconds and stirred between each go.   It only took a few rounds to melt everything.  I poured it into a 1 ounce lip balm container and cooled it . 

Wow.  I am amazed. This stuff is awesome.  I could have used the oils but I wanted to put it on and have it stay.  I put it on my temples, Just a tiny bit and rubbed it in.  I put some on the back of my neck and gave it a rub and rubbed a tiny bit into my wrists.

Usually you have to use a new product for a while to know whether or not you are getting some benefit from it.  This stuff made me feel better so fast I could feel my head clearing before I was done rubbing it in.  Absolutely amazing relief.

I highly recommend you go and read these posts for yourself to get  the real low down.  I'm feeling far to tired and lazy right now to do that here.  My headache is going so I'm off the bed for a good sleep.  Thank you Jillee  and Rebecca for the wonderful information. 

Have a good night everyone . Bye for now.

No comments: